We plan to re-open in mid-May (assuming I can find some pants that fit) with limited capacity for clients who deem their need for care as essential [ie, if the client were not to receive the service, would that client end up in the ER, hospital, or otherwise become endangered (e.g. increase opioid use or seeking) by not receiving care in the immediate time frame?].
As you know, we closed the practice one week prior to the Illinois Stay At Home Order to prevent the spread of the virus. We do not make these decisions lightly. Acupuncture care is deemed essential under the Illinois Stay At Home Order.
We will be taking all the precautions that have been recommended by both the CDC and OSHA, and in some instances going beyond those recommendations.
If you feel like acupuncture care is essential for you at this time, please reach out to me to discuss and schedule by calling 815.814.1319 or emailing me at email@example.com. Online scheduling will only be available for virtual consultations through May.
In-Person Appointment Protocol
WHAT TO EXPECT
1. When you schedule an appointment (and the day-of the appointment), you will be screened for health status, needs, etc. Common symptoms of Covid-19 are fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, fatigue, and body aches. However, some have reported chills, repeated shaking with chills, vomiting, diarrhea, recent loss of taste or smell, headaches, toe discoloration or mild rash with onset of the virus. You will be asked to confirm, before scheduling, that neither you nor your close contacts have had any of the above symptoms or a positive Covid-19 diagnosis within the preceding 14 days. If you have, you will be asked to reschedule an appointment at least 14 days after the start of your symptoms or exposure. Late cancellation fees will be waived. If you come to the practice, having recently experienced any of these symptoms, you will be turned away.
2. Once you arrive, you should text to say you have arrived and wait in your car until you receive confirmation to come in. Only the client receiving acupuncture will be allowed into the practice. If assistance is needed for translation, the assistance will need to be provided via speaker phone.
3. Upon entering, shoes will be removed at the door, hands will be washed, and each client will wear a mask (you will be given one if you do not have one). I will do a pulse oximeter reading (and eventually temperature reading once I can get an appropriate thermometer).
4. You will be asked to minimize the touching of surfaces in the practice.
5. We will sit at least 6 ft apart during the intake.
6. I will wear a KN95 mask and gloves during the intake and treatment.
8. If you feel symptoms of sickness, please convert to a Virtual Session or Cancel. Cancellation fees will be waived if this applies to you.
9. If any of my family members or I am experiencing symptoms, I will cancel in person appointments and re-schedule according to the current CDC standards for isolation.
10. After your appointment, if you develop any possible Covid-19 symptoms within 14 days following treatment or test positive for Covid-19, please call to let me know. If that occurs, the practice will be closed and I will isolate myself according to the current CDC standards for isolation.
1. All surfaces, treatment area and door knobs will be cleaned between each client including the restroom when used.
2. High-grade sanitizing products will be used for cleaning. Additionally, hand sanitizer will be available for use as well.
3. An air purifier will be run in the office. OnGuard protective essential oil blend will be diffused.
4. As always, all clean needle technique procedures will be adhered to.
5. Sheets are washed in hot water with detergent, bleach and tea tree essential oil.
6. Virtual sessions are still being offered and are incredibly powerful especially if you are feeling ill, have been around someone who is ill, need emotional support or feel safer being treated from the comfort of your home.
7. I will be maintaining social distancing practices and personal hygiene/cleaning practices in my personal life. I will be tested for Covid-19 prior to opening the practice in mid-May, and will get regular screenings (Assuming testing is available to me; ongoing frequency to be determined).