Northshore Acupuncture Center acknowledges Indigenous Peoples as the original stewards of the land, and acknowledges the enduring relationship that exists between them and their traditional territories. The land on which we reside is within the territories of the Kiikaapoi (Kickapoo), Peoria, Myaamia (Miami), Bodéwadmiakiwen (Potawatomi) and Očhéthi Šakówiŋ (Sioux) Nations.
We honor and respect the many diverse Indigenous people connected to this land since time immemorial. We are committed to uplifting the name of these lands and community members from these Nations who reside alongside us.
We pay monthly “rent” to the Chi-Nations Youth Council and the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe as an expression of conciliation knowing that the damage that was done by our ancestors cannot be undone, undermined or diminished.
Potawatomi bands include:
- Citizen Potawatomi Nation
- Forest County Potawatomi Community
- Hannahville Indian community
- Match-E-Be-Nash-She-Wish Band of Pottawatomi
- Nottawaseppi Huron Band of Potawatomi
- Pokagon Band of Potawatomi Nation
- Standing Rock Sioux Tribe
- Fort Peck Assiniboine and Sioux Tribes
- Cheyenne River Sioux Tribe
- Crow Creek Sioux Tribe
- Flandreau Santee Sioux Tribe
- Lower Brule Sioux Tribe of the Lower Brule Reservation
- Rosebud Sioux Tribe of the Rosebud Indian Reservation
- Shakopee Mdewakanton Sioux Community
- Sisseton Wahpeton Oyate
- Yankton Sioux Tribe of South Dakota
- Spirit Lake Dakota Tribe