Sign up to receive news and updates and get my free report:
“3 Tips to Fall Asleep as Soon as Your Head Hits the Pillow”
- Northshore Acupuncture Center5225 Old Orchard Road, Suite 24A
Skokie, IL 60077(815) 814-1319
- • Healthy Choices for a Healthy Spring •
- • Tips and Tricks for a Sparkling Spring •
- • Fitness Routine Spring Cleaning •
Feeling Stressed and Anxious? Try Acupuncture
We all know that stress is just a part of life. We all have moments of feeling anxious or depressed, but when those feelings become more of a permanent fixture in our lives, it is time to get some help. What many may not know is how effective acupuncture can be in providing relief to the mental and physical symptoms associated with anxiety and depression. continue reading
5 Acupoints for Anxiety You Can Administer Yourself
“At a time when people are so conscious of maintaining their physical health by controlling their diets, exercising, and so forth, it makes sense to try to cultivate the corresponding mental attitudes too.”
– HH the Dalai Lama, 1963
It can be easy to forget how much our mental state can affect our physical well-being. In Traditional Chinese Medicine, that connection is evident in the treatment strategies, but it is also true that when we are feeling bad, we don’t always think to look at our minds. It works both ways. continue reading
Open for business (virtually)
Don’t let your health challenges or aches and pains get worse while we are on shut down. I am available to help you!!
Someday I’ll design a bodysuit that I can communicate with remotely and have it needle specific points based on my direction. But as of now, I haven’t done that. I could create tiny voodoo dolls of each of you, and perform acupuncture that way.
But I think I’ll be able to help you the most with personalized treatment plans.
Your personalized treatment plan will be specific for your condition including some combination of:
1) “traditional” acupressure including what points, how to locate them, how to apply pressure, whether to use magnets (magnets can be ordered online for delivery);
2) auricular treatment using ear seeds or magnets;
3) recommendations for foods, teas and herbs/spices based on their Chinese medicine properties;
4) suggestions for essential oils to diffuse or apply to acupressure points;
5) coaching on how to perform cupping and/or guasha (tools can be ordered tor delivery);
6) extensive lifestyle recommendations that you won’t find from a preliminary Google search – things like humming exercises for seasonal allergies/immune system boost, details on the 5 pillars of my Get Some Shut Eye method, hara abdominal massage for digestive issues, breathing exercises for stress management, guidance on living as an empath, and connections to numerous resources. You know I’m always learning something new or connecting with a new expert.
Are you unsure whether I can help you? Give me a call at 815.814.1319, and we can discuss what types of assistance I can provide virtually.
My online schedule has been updated so you can schedule virtual sessions now.
You are also welcome to call or text me at 815.814.1319 to schedule.
3 AcuPoints for Anxiety
One of the most wonderful things about being an acupuncturist is the ability to stimulate points on my own body when I need to. If I get a headache, or feel a cold coming on, I can always hop up on my table for a quick tune-up with some needles. Even when I’m not at the office, the magic of acupuncture can still work for me – as long as I know where the points are and what they do, I can press on them and get results. continue reading
Seven Ways to Set and Achieve Your Goals
No matter what you’re trying to accomplish, setting goals is one way to help you get there. Often, when people have no goals, they lack motivation, focus and direction. Setting goals also provides a benchmark to determine whether or not you are succeeding. But how do you set goals if you’ve never done so before? Or what if you have set goals in the past, but you didn’t achieve them? Do you just give up and tell yourself that goal setting doesn’t work? That’s one option, but let’s put things into perspective. continue reading
Putting My Oxygen Mask On First – Powerful Self Talk
My reading today has brought me to tears multiple times already. I am reading Lisa Nichols’ No Matter What during my morning ritual, and today’s chapter was about self talk. I’ve heard Lisa and her team talk about this topic many times – each time I take away something different. continue reading
7 Reasons to Seek Out Acupuncture
Do you ever feel your life’s a ride that won’t ever stop? How many nights do you wait for Mr. Sandman to magically appear? How often do you truly take time for yourself? Do you have aches and pains almost daily? Are over-the-counter or prescription medications controlling your life? When was the last time you actually felt at peace? If any of these questions resonate with you, then it might be time to look at Traditional Chinese Medicine and acupuncture for an answer. People in Asian countries have known the magnificence of acupuncture for thousands of years. Traditional Chinese Medicine is growing in popularity in the United States and here are some reasons why you might want to consider utilizing it also. continue reading