The National Institutes of Health estimates that approximately 25.3 million adults suffer from chronic pain (defined as experiencing pain every day for the preceding three months). They also estimate that nearly 40 million adults experience what is considered severe levels of pain.
Chronic pain can be debilitating for those suffering from it and directly impacts quality of life. People often treat chronic pain with anti-inflammatory medications (both prescription and over-the-counter), physical therapy, or with ice and heat, but those options don’t always provide long lasting relief. According to Harvard Medical School, “acupuncture is an option with a good track record that’s worth considering.” continue reading
Don’t let your health challenges or aches and pains get worse while we are on shut down. I am available to help you!!
Someday I’ll design a bodysuit that I can communicate with remotely and have it needle specific points based on my direction. But as of now, I haven’t done that. I could create tiny voodoo dolls of each of you, and perform acupuncture that way.
But I think I’ll be able to help you the most with personalized treatment plans.
Your personalized treatment plan will be specific for your condition including some combination of:
1) “traditional” acupressure including what points, how to locate them, how to apply pressure, whether to use magnets (magnets can be ordered online for delivery);
2) auricular treatment using ear seeds or magnets;
3) recommendations for foods, teas and herbs/spices based on their Chinese medicine properties;
4) suggestions for essential oils to diffuse or apply to acupressure points;
6) extensive lifestyle recommendations that you won’t find from a preliminary Google search – things like humming exercises for seasonal allergies/immune system boost, details on the 5 pillars of my Get Some Shut Eye method, hara abdominal massage for digestive issues, breathing exercises for stress management, guidance on living as an empath, and connections to numerous resources. You know I’m always learning something new or connecting with a new expert.
Are you unsure whether I can help you? Give me a call at 815.814.1319, and we can discuss what types of assistance I can provide virtually.
My online schedule has been updated so you can schedule virtual sessions now.
You are also welcome to call or text me at 815.814.1319 to schedule.
Migraine headaches are a bit of mystery to the medical world. This ailment tends to be poorly understood and frequently undiagnosed and under-treated. According to the Migraine Research Foundation, this neurological disease affects nearly 39 million Americans. Migraines are characterized by severe, throbbing pain usually found on only one side of the head. Migraine headaches can also be accompanied by visual disturbances, dizziness, nausea, vomiting and extreme sensitivity to light and sound. These types of headaches can last from four hours to several days. Because modern medicine doesn’t completely understand this neurological phenomenon, the typical treatment is somewhat hit or miss. continue reading
There are four main types of headache: tension, cluster, sinus and migraine. And, there are varying triggers for these headaches, such as food, stress, hormones, dehydration and weather. Fortunately, eliminating the triggers and finding natural ways to prevent and help an ongoing headache are possible. continue reading