One key part of your health is your connection to your community. And one way to connect with your community is to get involved and give back. Each Saturday, we feature different ways members of the Northshore Acupuncture Center community are rolling up their sleeves and giving back.
Today we are featuring Megan’s involvement with Community Animal Rescue Effort (C.A.R.E.™). CARE is an all-volunteer, nonprofit organization with a mission to serve the communities of Chicago’s North Shore by fostering and supporting healthy, positive relationships between people and companion animals.
C.A.R.E. rehomes companion pets into safe, healthy, lifelong homes; serves as an educational and counseling resource; and works to reduce pet overpopulation.
Interested in getting involved?
There are a lot of volunteer needs:
- dedicated reliable volunteers to feed, clean and socialize the cats in the adoption center;
- foster homes to provide temporary homes for cats, dogs, kittens, and puppies awaiting adoption; and,
- volunteers to staff the Pet Food Corner as part of the food distribution mission at Irving Park Community Food Pantry in Chicago.
The following donations are needed:
- online donations;
- wishlist items;
- Kuranda cat towers and beds; and
- supplies for the pet food pantry.
North Branch Yoga is hosting a hatha flow class on Sunday, February 12th with representatives from C.A.R.E and some of the cool yoga-cats to benefit C.A.R.E.