The beautiful warm sunny days we had recently gave us all a boost of energy. Now that it is colder and sometimes grayer, we may be feeling sluggish. Instead of reaching for an energy drink , try these natural hacks for an instant boost of energy:
- Practice bhastricka breathing (bellows breath) for 10-15 seconds to invigorate your body and clear your mind.
- Apply a drop each of peppermint and wild orange essential oil to the palms of your hand, rub them together, cup them over your nose and inhale. Apply the oils to the back of your neck. You can try this out the next time you are in my office.
- Sometimes the cause of our slump is stuck energy (qi stagnation). Try doing 10 jumping jacks to get your energy, blood and lymphatic fluids flowing.
- Drink a cup of reishi tea to boost your energy and your immune system. Stop by my office to pick up a packet to try.
- If you are low in energy because you haven’t been fueling your body with the healthy food it needs, give it a boost by making yourself a green drink with kale, celery, lemon, cucumber, ginger and green apple.
- Listen to Don’t Stop Me Now by Queen. Songs with over 150 beats per minute have been shown to be energizing. That song was selected to be the most uplifting song of the past 50 years because of its tempo and inspiring lyrics.
- Spend a few minutes outside with plants. If you can do so safely, take off your shoes and socks and walk barefoot on the ground.
For more details about the possible cause(s) of your fatigue, and how to address them for longer lasting energy, check out this blog or schedule an appointment. Or register for one of our free monthly classes.