If we learned anything from National Lampoon’s Christmas vacation
, it’s that danger is lurking everywhere during the holiday season. Here are some of the holiday hazards that may turn you into the Grinch, and things you can do to get back in the Christmas spirit. In addition to these actions, some holiday acupuncture will supplement the magic of Christmas to help you heal faster.
1) You have food poisoning from Aunt Bethay’s shrimp cocktail
Suggestion: Make a tea by steeping perilla leaves in hot water. To find perilla or shiso, look for Chinese basil in Japanese, Korean, Chinese, and Vietnamese supermarkets
2) You don’t want to catch cold or flu from kissing THAT coworker under the mistletoe
Suggestion: Don’t kiss that coworker. But if you must, boost your immune system with doTERRA On Guard Softgels* to avoid the seasonal cold/flu.
3) You overindulged in Uncle Louis’s spiked eggnog
Suggestion: Drink a glass of water with 1-2 drops of lemon essential oil*; ideally drink a glass of water in between every glass of eggnog. For instant relief the next day, put a few drops of peppermint essential oil* in the bottom of the shower, and cover the drain. Turn on the shower to produce a peppermint aromatherapy steam. Have a splitting headache? Rub peppermint oil on your temples and the back of your head/neck. Feeling a little queasy? Place a few drops of peppermint oil onto your stomach.
4) You pulled a hamstring rushing for the last Fingerling on the shelf.
Suggestion: Next time stretch and warm up before hitting the stores! For now, apply doTERRA DeepBlue soothing blend oil* followed by DeepBlue rub* to the hamstring.
5) You burned your finger when baking Christmas cookies.
Suggestion: Apply lavender essential oil* to the burn 3 times/day, and ask grandma to do the baking from now on.
6) You have a concussion from testing out the hoverboard.
Suggestion: What were you thinking? You are too old for a hoverboard. Next time, at least wear a helmet. Now that the damage is done, apply a drop of frankincense essential oil* to the roof of your mouth daily. Frankincense can pass the blood brain barrier – maybe it can also help you act your age.
7) Your eyes are dry and tired from watching the Christmas Story marathon.
Suggestion: Ask Santa for a Red Ryder bb gun so you can shoot your eyes out. Or make a tea by steeping dried chrysanthemum flowers and goji berries in hot water. You can find the dried chrysanthemum flowers and goji berries at a Chinese grocery.
8) You cut yourself trying to take the new Barbie modeled after Olympic fencer Ibtihaj Muhammad out of its packaging.
Suggestion: Mix lavender and melaleuca essential oils* with coconut oil and apply to the cut 3 times/day.
9) You hurt your tongue as a result of a triple dog dare to stick it on the flagpole.
Suggestion: Didn’t you learn anything from watching that Christmas Story marathon? Rinse with warm saltwater, and start diffusing frankincense essential oil* to help dissipate the brain fog that led you to think putting your tongue on the flagpole was a good idea.
Suggestion: Make ginger tea by steeping a slice of fresh ginger in hot water or adding a few drops of ginger essential oil* to hot water, and apply doTERRA DigestZen* to the stomach.
11) Your head is throbbing from helping Santa assemble gifts on Christmas Eve.
Suggestion: Apply doTERRA PastTense* blend to your temples and the back of your neck, and call Brian Will Help You
to see if he will do the assembly next time while you drink more eggnog.
12) You can’t fall asleep on Christmas Eve because you’re too excited that Santa is coming.
Suggestion: Diffuse doTERRA Serenity* restful blend and spend a few minutes in legs up the wall pose
before settling in for a long winter’s nap. Santa won’t come if you are on your iPhone – turn off all screens!
*These products can be purchased at mydoterra.com/amylandolt